by Mária Nepšinská
For many designers, the national coat of arms or the national flag is a perfect choice for designing. The Puojd brand comes with a similar initiative concentrating on the Slovak coat of arms. T-shirts, bags and other textile products of the same brand have exact or re-designed motifs of national symbols on them.
Some time ago, Michaela Bednárová has entered the textile accessories market with a special concept of unique and Slovak design under own brand PUOJD.SK. She graduated at the free style textile at the AFAD in Bratislava in 2006. Since then, as she says, she seeks to fill the gap at the Slovak market which lacks top quality products with eye-catching design that would represent our country abroad.
Further articles magazine Craft, Art, Design 01/2009:
- Rings in Water 2008
- A butterfly in glass
- Winter-term projects at the Wood dpt.
- Construction set – a creative toy
- New ornament
- Ľubica Potúčková A portrait of an embroidery maker
- Vladimír Morávek
- Emanuel Hodál, tinker – sculptor
- Ferdiš Kostka Heir to hundreds of years old tradition
- Exhibitions in the ÚĽUV galleries and shops