Ľubica Hustá: Tradition untraditionally
The Clothing Design Studio of the University of Fine Arts in Bratislava, led by Júlia Sabová, allows a relaxed and experimental platform to fully develop the imagination of students about contemporary design. Emphasis is placed on individual artistic expression. Young fashion designers are mainly inspired by traditional technologies, for example: pleating, ruffling, hand colouring, felting, bobbin lacing, knitting, and also with materials such as canvas, sheep wool, lace. Some collections show inspiration through classical cuts and types of clothes, bonnets, bags, petticoats, corsets, short coats or layered skirts. Respect, knowledge, craft skills and fantasy are a good basis for creating something new.
Further articles of magazine Craft, Art, Design 01/2002:
- Adriena Pekárová: Lace made of plastic
- Xénia Lettrichová: Weaved in rhymes
- Katarína Hubová: Paper clothing
- Ľubica Hustá: Tradition untraditionally
- Viera Kleinová: Restoring textile
- I like exploring tradition... Interview with Lea Fekete
- Viera Kleinová: Embroidered design
- Zora Valentová: A fashionable folk costume waistcoat?
- Viera Praženicová: Ruffling
- Juraj Zajonc: The different looks of felt
- Zora Valentová: From cut to button